Wednesday 24 June 2015

Jurassic World | Movie Review


So as a birthday treat I FINALLY got to go see Jurassic World! And I frigging Loved it.

I love the Jurassic franchise, Jurassic Park is actually my favourite film... even if I wasn't actually born when the first movie came out. I absolutely love anything to do with dinosaurs as well, I am in fact the proud owner of many dinosaur toys/figures and 5 Mosasaurus teeth. So I was fairly certain I was gonna love the movie even if by critics standards it wasn't 'good', I mean I know the 2nd and 3rd JP weren't 'good but I personally enjoyed them so... 

The plot centered around the production of a genetically modified dinosaur named the Indominus Rex, which inevitably escapes and goes on a rampage across the island.

Drawn by me.
So lets talk CHARACTERS, Chris Pratt was awesome in this movie as Owen, he is so talented and not to mention HOT as the charismatic raptor trainer. He is one of those people who is not only a great actor but a genuine and funny person in real life... or so it seems form the interviews I've seen of him. Then we have Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire, I was pleasantly surprised by her character, from the trailers I had seen I was worried she was going to be an annoying stubborn character or even worse the usual obligatory female character who does nothing but scream and get it the way! But she held her own, saved other people and the dynamic between her and Owen was both hilarious at times and hot at others. Then there were the children, Zach and Gary played by Nick Robinson and Ty Simpkins. These two brothers were so cute and I really loved the fact that even though Owen and Claire set out to save them, they didn't actually need saving at all and did just fine on their own. Finally I can't not mention Dr. Henry Wu, played by BD Wong, making his return from Jurassic park, I loved this little JP reference.
  

Drawn by me. 
As a whole I thought the film was really well done, special effects were great and I thought they chose a good story line as well. The only thing is that I wasn't 100% sure that I liked that the raptors could be tamed, I remember they were always the scariest and last dinosaur I would want to have come face to face with if I had been at the park. However I liked that the raptor Blue came to the rescue in the end and that the T-Rex conquered all in the end, seeing as the T-Rex is JP's signature dinosaur. The film was thrilling and although it didn't scare me or make me jump, I have heard that other people found it very scary, I'm just not easily scared at the cinema I guess. The film had just the right balance of tense, spine tingling moments and light comic relief moments provided by the characters.





Overall I give this movie a 10/10 but I couldn't imagine myself giving it any less considering what a fan I am. This movie is a great reminiscence of childhood, it's entertaining and didn't disappoint for me. Even if you're not a die hard JP fan it's one of those films that you just have to see, you know everyone is going to be talking about it and trust me you do not want to be left out.
What did you think about the movie? 









No comments:

Post a Comment