Sunday 9 November 2014

Winter Essentials

It may be a bit early too be thinking about winter and all things festive but i just cant help myself...

Here are some of my essential tips to make your winter a time of luxury and relaxation:

Stock up on HOT CHOCOLATE.
Whether you make it with water or my personal favourite milk! A hot chocolate will not only warm up your chilled fingers and toes but is perfect for satisfying those oh so pestering chocolate cravings that are responsible for our dreaded holiday weight gain.
My favourite to enjoy whilst snuggled up on the sofa watching my favourite movie.  




Make sure to keep that MOISTURISER topped up.
It can get extremely cols during the winter (depending on your geographical location) and the cols weather can dry out your skin and make applying foundation a real pain aswell as damaging the general health of your skin, so its important to moisturise regularly and keep that skin in tip top condition. My personal favourite is Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser, I would recommend this particularly if you have sensitive skin like me.



That perfect RED LIPSTICK.
With winter comes one of my favourites holidays, CHRISTMAS! That means countless Christmas parties and family gatherings and everyone needs to rock that bright red lip at least once during the season. I personally love red lips and will rock them throughout the entire year as it is such a classic look but i feel it really comes into play during the winter months and my current favourite is Maybelline's Color Sensational in the shade Fatal Red, i have had this colour for a while and just cant get enough of its silky smooth feel.




It is of-course also important to wrap up warm, for example a HAT.
There are always such cool and funky hats on sale during Autumn/Winter and this one is one of my absolute favourites and allows you to channel your inner child.





Find yourself a good BOOK.
Lets face it we don't always feel like leaving are cosy warm central heated houses when the temperature outside is below 0 so you're going to need something to keep you busy over the holidays. Don;t you think being curled up on the sofa in your pyjamas maybe next to a nice warm log fire reading a book is a picturesque version of relaxation. If you're looking for a tear jerker this winter i highly recommend John Greens The Fault In Our Stars, or if you are more into the fantasy historical genre I recommend the book series I am currently reading, A Song of Ice and Fire which the hit TV show Game of Thrones is based on. 










No comments:

Post a Comment