Friday 28 November 2014

The Hunger Games Part 1 Reviewed

First off I haven't read the book series..... I know I know I am a terrible person but I am about as  big of a fan of The Hunger Games as a non book reader can be!

So whilst I can't give you a book to movie what they left out kinda review I can rave about how amazing the film itself was!

Splitting the final book of a series into 2 movies is just what everyone is doing these days and as much as we complain about it we are still going to buy tickets for both films, lets face it I mean for people like me these series legit become your life and you can't not see it! That's just not an option.
Despite me being a huge fan I did go into this movie with my doubts as Part 1 of a movie is always terrible (Do I even have to mention Harry Potter: A movie about camping! and Twilight: Gets married, has a baby, the End.). But I couldn't have been more WRONG.

The acting as usual was amazing, Jennifer Lawrence is just perfect in everything she does, but this year showed some new characters added to the cast who made the franchise even more epic. Natalie Dormer as Cressida just brings a whole new meaning to the phrase bad-ass and I can't wait for part 2 to see her really kick some butt, and Julianne Moore as President Coin was simply genius and I couldn't possibly imagine anyone else in the role.

The movie begins in a much darker place and starts off in district 13, it is here that Katniss discovers that Peeta is still alive and after deliberations with President Coin she agrees to be their Mockingjay in return for Peeta and the other stolen tributes rescue. We really get to see a whole lot more character development with Gale in this movie which should please all you team Gale fans out there, he gets to show off his capable skills and helps in Peeta's rescue. The whole movie is essentially a propaganda battle between President snow and Katniss and is the single moment in my life when I have found politics remotely interesting.

'If we burn, then you burn with us' - Best line ever, I genuinely got shivers when she delivered this line.

There are some really deep and intense scenes in this movie, Josh Hutcherson really did an amazing job with Peeta's character arch and did a great job at leaving everyone with an OHHHH SHIIIIIT moment with that last scene (You know what im talking about *wink* *wink*).

Ultimately this movie has left me so excited and really anticipating The Mockingjay Part 2, like many I will be devastated when the franchise is over. 
I highly recommend you go see this film ASAP and I give it a solid 9/10.      

No comments:

Post a Comment