Wednesday 27 May 2015

Shadowhunters | Clace Casting

I love the TMI fandom so was obviously ecstatic the moment I heard it was being turned into a TV series! However after having seen the City of Bones movie I wasnt sure if they'd be able to cast anyone who could live up to Lily Collin's and Jamie Campbell Bower's portrayal of the infamous Clace.

That being said I am unbelievably pleased with the actors they've chosen!

Firstly Katherine Mcnamara as Clary Fray. I am yet to see anything that shes acted in but I new of her as she will be starring as Sonya in the Scorch Trials (another fandom I love). After having seen pictures of her with red hair I honestly think she looks exactly as Clary does in my mind when reading the books, I can really see her playing Clary and I think she is absolutely stunning.


Secondly we have Dominic Sherwood as Jace 'whatever surname you're at in the books'. The only thing I have seen Dom in is Vampire Academy, which unlike many people I actually really enjoyed, I thought he was great in it and of course it doesn't hurt that he too is seriously good looking. Can I also add that his heterochromia just makes him even cuter! Again seeing him with his blonde hair really paints the image of Jace. I was apprehensive at first simply because compared to Jamie, Dom seemed very much our typical 'pretty boy' but after the hair and seeing all the edits of him with Kat, I think they look like Clace plain and simple.

Overall I am so happy with the Clace casting. I have seen the rest of the casting and I am fairly happy with that too, other than Simon but thats partly because of how wonderful Robert Sheehan is! 
I think that the cast for the TV show actually looks alot more like the books describe them.

I cant wait for 2016, i'm so excited about this new show already! I don't know how I am going to cope for several months. Let me know what your opinions are of the cast and what you're most looking forward too in the show. 

1 comment: