Wednesday 9 July 2014

Doubts About Going Off To Uni and Growing Up

I've just completed my first year at uni so i know exactly what it feels like to be nervous and apprehensive over the summer before your first time away from home. I was never one of the loud confident people who could go up and talk to anyone and make friends just like that, so one of my greatest fears was not making any friends and everyone hating me, which of course wasn't the case. Something you need to remember is that its most likely that everyone feels the same as you, its not like moving to a new school where everyone already knows each other, you're all in the same boat.

Id recommend making sure you have tickets to all the freshers events as its a great way to meet people and its something to do with your new flatmates to get to know them, i know in my case me and my flatmates literally felt like we had known each other for months after the first night we spent together and i would never have expected that i would become so close with people that fast.

I was really doubtful in the weeks leading up to moving in day and now i just cant imagine how much i would have missed out on if i hadn't gone. Ive met some of my best friends in the entire world there, its really boosted my confidence and i just feel a whole lot more grown up, i know university is about education i mean don't get me wrong all that's important and you have to get your head down and study at times but then again your first year is all about having fun and going wild :p. Believe me i did and its been the best experience ever, i can't wait to go back after summer.
Cheesey as it is, Family not just friends 


No comments:

Post a Comment