Monday 11 January 2016

White Hot Kiss | Book Talk | SPOILER FREE

This book came out in 2014 and I can't believe I didn't read it sooner! This book by Jennifer L Armentrout is a fantasy romance novel that I immediately added to my favourites list.

This is a fantasy novel that follows Layla, a half demon half warden 17 yr old. Wardens are gargoyles but don't let that word put you off, wardens have a human form and its usually a pretty good one *wink wink*. Wardens kill demons and protect humans from them (slight Shadowhunter resemblance there). Layla was adopted and now lives with a warden family despite being half demon which makes her life somewhat difficult. For starters she has a major crush on her older adopted brother Zayne but is not a suitable match given her half demon side. She helps the wardens by marking demons so that they are easily found and killed however Layla also has the power to suck out souls, something which happens when she kisses a person. Enter hot demon Roth who coincidentally doesn't have a soul given his demon nature. Layla's world suddenly stops being so black and white and although she knows she should stay away from Roth, his charm and claims to know her secrets just keep pulling her in.

This book has so many twists, turns and revelations that will leave your jaw dropped and not to mention some very very swoon-worthy guys, what more could you want!? I wasn't expecting to be so sucked into this book but I read within 24 hours and my fingers are itching to get into the next book in the series.

I 100% recommend this book, it is my new obsession, 5 stars from me!
Have you read it, what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment